Aware of the impact that our industry generates on the environment, we implemented technological changes and initiatives in the production processes towards reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions and particulate material:
- We partially replaced coal with natural gas, reducing 116,000 tons of CO2eq per year. With this change of fuels we became the first cement producers in Perú to issue CO2eq CERs.
- We use clean energy; 96% of our electric power is supplied from hydroelectric sources.
- We modernized our industrial plants, for improved energy efficiency and fewer emissions of particulate material and GG.
- We produce blended cements that generate fewer emissions.
- Our plant is equipped with an 8.2 km underground conveyor belt, having reduced GG emission by 100%, in addition to reducing environmental noise, particulate material and emission of gases into the environment.